the writer

-name: Adrea
-age: timeless
-gender: a lone girl on a blank page
-interests: reading, creative writing, imagining, mathematics (calc especially), and living this dream you call my life.

the witty wordsters

-araglas's blog
-sharky's blog
-ewaak's blog
-archaelin's blog

the dusty libraries

-Twilight Bites
-ebaumsworld
-the fics
-some fun fics

the procrastination records


-seer
-questionable content
-geeks
-flipside

Layout by: ...araglas

the past scribbles

April 05, 2007
Contest

Ok, so Ojai poetry contest is coming up, and I can send in 3 poems. It's up to you guys to decide which ones (Ewaak, you're off the hook....for now). Any ideas? I also realized I hadn't updated one poem that I am particularly proud of, but I'm not sure about submitting it because a) it's best in context and b) it's kind of a personal poem. Ok, that second one doesn't really work considering some of my other poems, but what the hey. Can you guys give me your top 3 favorites (in your copious free time, of course)? Love you guys!

Cloud Nine

It is said that the eyes are the windows of the soul,

Each shade of color manifesting the palette of the heart.

If this is so, let me count the tones of your irises;

Let me spend days gazing into your eyes.

The view is spectacular

Up here in heaven, the weather a perfect mix

Of champagne sunlight and dip ‘n dots snow.

I am drunk off of happiness, satiated by the frozen tears

That never hit the ground.

I stick out my tongue to catch the flavors:

Mint and chocolate, cinnamon rolls and Arizona,

But it’s the Colorado that gets me.

Moi, j’aime cet endroit; il me bien plait.

Toujours contente, pas heureuse, parce que

Le bonheur peut devenir ennuyeux et monotone plus vite.

Mais toi, tu restes un bon âme,

Et je t’aime toujours.*

No sunset could ever hold a candle to the mélange of color

Outside the window: the sun must set each day, and rise again,

But nothing sets on cloud nine, only rises higher.

*(I love this place; it pleases me.

Always content, not happy, because

Happiness can become boring and monotonous more quickly.

But you, you remain a good soul,

And I love you always.)


Adraea signed the page at 7:59 PM
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

~*~*~*~ the amethyst has risen ~*~*~*~