the writer

-name: Adrea
-age: timeless
-gender: a lone girl on a blank page
-interests: reading, creative writing, imagining, mathematics (calc especially), and living this dream you call my life.

the witty wordsters

-araglas's blog
-sharky's blog
-ewaak's blog
-archaelin's blog

the dusty libraries

-Twilight Bites
-ebaumsworld
-the fics
-some fun fics

the procrastination records


-seer
-questionable content
-geeks
-flipside

Layout by: ...araglas

the past scribbles

March 06, 2007
Crash

When the world comes crashing down,
Hard and relentless, without break,
You look up,
You look around.
But what do you do
When you've tied the blindfold tight over your eyes
And just can't seem to find anyone anymore?
Where do you turn
When the sun begins to dim
and the Moon is chasing its own light
And the stars are hard at work,
after having worked hard on you,
and the earth is still spinning but there's
not a damned thing you can do about it because
they always said selfishness is a sin.
And what if, for once, you actually listened to the wind?

Adraea signed the page at 8:07 PM
2 comments

2 Comments:

At March 08, 2007 7:53 PM, Blogger Ellie signed the page...

First, your comment on my latest poem was so sweet! And I would like to say the same to you. Look back at your work from freshman year. You've come such a long way. Babe, you have grown and changed so much over these three years. And you've been an INCREDIBLE friend.

I honestly don't know where I would be if I haven't had you supporting me every step of the way. Thank you.

Now, to this poem. I really really really love how you begin with the CRASH of hard work, then expand it to the universe-- the sun, the moon, the stars. Why is moon capitalized? It adds a certain mystery to the poem that I like.

And I love your ending poem. God, it's a great clincher. Love it!

 
At March 08, 2007 7:54 PM, Blogger Ellie signed the page...

Er, I meant to type "I love your ending line", not "I love your ending poem". I mean, I love the poem, but I love the ending line too. Just clearing that up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

~*~*~*~ the amethyst has risen ~*~*~*~