the writer

-name: Adrea
-age: timeless
-gender: a lone girl on a blank page
-interests: reading, creative writing, imagining, mathematics (calc especially), and living this dream you call my life.

the witty wordsters

-araglas's blog
-sharky's blog
-ewaak's blog
-archaelin's blog

the dusty libraries

-Twilight Bites
-ebaumsworld
-the fics
-some fun fics

the procrastination records


-seer
-questionable content
-geeks
-flipside

Layout by: ...araglas

the past scribbles

November 16, 2006
C'est lundi

C'est lundi, et j'ai froid.
Le parfum de cheval m'enveloppe
comme le gilet que je porte.
Ce n'est pas la mienne;
Il vient d'homme a cote de moi.
C'est lundi, et il a chaud.



Here is the (almost literal) translation:
It is Monday, and I am cold.
The scent of horses envelopes me
like the vest I am wearing.
It's not mine;
it comes from the man beside me.
It is Monday, and he is warm.


Adraea signed the page at 8:59 PM
2 comments

2 Comments:

At November 17, 2006 7:33 AM, Blogger Ellie signed the page...

French poetry is so pretty. I need to hear you read it. What does it mean? Maybe you should provide a translation. But, you don't have to.

 
At December 03, 2006 8:51 AM, Blogger Ellie signed the page...

Ahh! Thanks for the translation!! I love this so much! I love the last two lines.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

~*~*~*~ the amethyst has risen ~*~*~*~