the writer

-name: Adrea
-age: timeless
-gender: a lone girl on a blank page
-interests: reading, creative writing, imagining, mathematics (calc especially), and living this dream you call my life.

the witty wordsters

-araglas's blog
-sharky's blog
-ewaak's blog
-archaelin's blog

the dusty libraries

-Twilight Bites
-ebaumsworld
-the fics
-some fun fics

the procrastination records


-seer
-questionable content
-geeks
-flipside

Layout by: ...araglas

the past scribbles

April 26, 2005
Lacrosse game

Well, I played in my first and probably last game of the season. Actually, played is an overstatement. I sat on a cold metal bench and yelled myself hoarse while the 'better players' played the entire game. We lost 8-3. The ref (who happens to be a spouse here on campus) was insane and called everything against us but ignored the other team hitting us in the face with the stick. Here's two poems to sum up how I feel right now.

Her voice washes over the racing players
Her cheers spurring them on
She calls their plays
Calls their positions
She is a part of the team
And her feet never touch the field.


"You've got your Dad's athletic ability,
and you're Mom's motivation."
So they told me.
And I have been a part of few teams,
lost interest in sports
as my body loses energy and
grows lethargic I can't
help but wonder if I would be
sitting here
on this cold
metal
old
rusty
freaking
bench if I had just
kept playing every
sport that I could.
Probably not.
So now I reap the sour field I sow.

Adraea signed the page at 6:23 PM
1 comments

1 Comments:

At April 26, 2005 10:23 PM, Blogger Ellie signed the page...

I totally know how you feel. Some people think sports are EVERYTHING.

Good thing that they're not, eh?

Sorry you're feeling down. <3 I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

~*~*~*~ the amethyst has risen ~*~*~*~